Friday, March 13, 2009

Getting it DONE!

GOALS...
1. Food Storage
2. Garden
A few months ago I was looking up some images of food storage ideas this is what I found (and my goal to have a basement that looks like this!)....it got me in to action so a few Saturdays, the LDS cannery, and Emergency Essentials later and tada this is now what I have put together! I had my sweet hubby put together some additional shelving in our makeshift pantry. But I am excited and cant wait to actually start using these items! Doesn't honey wheat bread sound yummy right now? Anyone want to try some Emergancy Essential rolls?


SO now that food storage has its beginnings I thought last week I not only wanted food storage I wanted a garden this summer! I went to Lowe's picked up some of my favorites...corn, seedless watermelon, cantaloupe, sweet peas, pumpkins, tomatoes, onions, spinach, and carrots, bought the add water flats and a week later this is what I have growing in my dinning room floor.
Heres the corn!

Sweet peas and pumpkins (they havent come up)

The tomatoes are taking OFF!


So this is what they look like after one week! I have until April 15 (the average time that freeze danger ceases) to plant these little guys out in the garden that is yet to be build. I have 4 weeks...so I might have to come up with plan B on how to let these little guys grow a transplant might be in order!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

The plants are looking great! And congrats on the food storage, it's a big task!