Sunday, September 21, 2008

The camping trip from HE double L

So Chad got to experience single parenting for the weekend...I had to take a 2 credit CAMPING CLASS because I decided hey better to take it over a weekend then pro long the torture and take a class over a semester.

(I think for the last year now I have been telling people this is my last semester...but no really this is it.)

Anyways so we went camping in American Fork up in loop A. And yes we half way hiked up Timpinogus, I don't think I will be doing that again anytime soon. I am still too out of shape, but there is always next time!

I WAS HERE...
So we left Friday afternoon just as a little storm cloud was rolling up on us and I just happened to think to myself ha wouldn't that just suck if rained all weekend...

JINX
The min after we get our campsite set up what does it do? rain, lighting, thunder, hail, and it does this the whole trip until this morning (the day we leave). Did I mention we had a camp freak leader who did not care what the weather was like we were going to camp! OH MY did we battle the elements. Did I mention that I now have lost my voice and am battling a cold, yuck. I did meet a few new friends that I really enjoyed myself with. Overall I am happy I went. So here is the first pic of our encounter with the elements...hail, oh wait bee bee pellets

But back to single dad parenting. I think Chad now has a new appreciation for waking up in the middle of the night, changing diapers, packing around, and entertaining baby. He did great, I knew he would. BTW Thanks to Missy Crandel for watching our bundle during the primary program.

I was so happy to be home after a weekend of so much fun. But I think that baby was the most happy to see me, maybe I am just telling myself that part...
So here we all are PROOF that I really did go to this place from HE double L I am sure I would have enjoyed it had it not been miserable weather really! The company was good and so was the food. I dont know I could have killed our teacher man he can TALK, I think that if I ever have to hear the 7 principles of camping again I will shoot myself in the leg. I made a new friend Hasan he is on the far left. We both are non sleepers...we dont go to sleep until sometime after 1 am or so. I was happy to have the company around the campfire, and he made everyone laugh!

Anyway yes I know I look thrilled...I wasnt this was day two I still had one more night left. So you can see the excitement on my face. But when we were camping we encountered a huge A spider. I know this confirms why I hate spiders...


6 comments:

Jason said...

Sounds like a kick ass time to me. When are we going up again? Just kidding. Glad you survived it Ro. You rock!

Debbie Pimm said...

You are such a trooper and Chad is such a super dad!! Sorry you don't feel good its just a treat to go live in the rain and cold like the pioneers. Makes you wonder how they actually survived that crap. love ya deb

Brooke said...

Son of a @(#$&#!! I know the Big C was thrilled to see you - of course he missed his mama.

Brooke said...

so i read your comment on emily & jason's blog - FYI - we have a blog...

bchristsenfamily.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

wow! what a trooper. that really does qualify as a trip from HE double L...he he Graduating is also a huge relief.

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

What a trooper!Go Rochelle!